With summer on the way, the Lakes Community would like to remind residents and their guest about the rules for The Slide.
- Riders must enter the slide in a sitting position and wait for instructions from the lifeguard stationed at the slide starter tub.
- All riders must be 48″ tall.
- Maximum rider weight is 300 pounds.
- Riders must lie on their backs at all times. Do no sit up while riding the slide.
- Do not pull or propel yourself into the ride.
- No combs or foreign objects are allowed in pockets and no jewelry can be worn while riding the slide. No cut off jeans or swim wear with exposed zippers buckles, or metal ornamentation; only approved swimsuits allowed.
- All riders must ride feet first while lying on their back with arms crossed across their chest. do no go down the slide head first.
- No running, standing, kneeling, rotation, tumbling or stopping in the flume. Arms and hands must remain inside the flume at all times. Riders should remain in proper riding position until forward movement is terminated. At no time should the rider attempt to stand up while on the slide prior to coming to a complete stop in the splash out area.
- Only one rider at a time. Absolutely no trains or chains of riders are permitted.
- No tubes, amts or life jackets are permitted on the waterslide.
- The line should form on the deck with one rider on each landing and one rider in the starter tub. Wait until landing area is clear before entering.
- Riders must be in good healthy, elderly persons, those suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, or persons using prescription medication should consult their physician before using this slide. Individuals with medical conditions including, but not limited to, pregnancy, heart, or back problems should not ride.
- Do not use this slide while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- No diving from slide.
- Leave the plunge pool promptly after entering.
- Non-swimmers are not permitted.
- WARNING: Water depth is 3 feet 5 inches.
- Rider assumes all risk of injury due to misuse of this slide or failure to follow these rules.