In order to ensure that residents who have a parking permit are within compliance of the Street Parking Program, parking permits will now expire each calendar year. Any residents who have the current parking permit (blue decal with a sailboat and serial number) please be advised those will expire December 31, 2020. Residents will have until December 31, 2020 to reapply, re-qualify, and receive a new parking permit for the 2021 year.
Brief overview of Parking Permit Program:
- Driveways and garages must be used to their full capacity
- Residents must qualify for a parking permit with proof that they have more vehicles than parking spaces available (some exceptions apply)
- All vehicles must have a current DMV registration and must be registered to their Lakes community address
- Garages may not be used for storage
General parking reminders:
- Parking is enforced daily from 12 A.M. to 6 A.M.
- To put vehicles on the safelist, please contact Chief Protection Services at (888) 332-4648. Vehicles must be put on the safelist before 12 A.M.
- Please do not park vehicles extended over the sidewalk at any time. This is a hazard for pedestrians.
- RV’s and trailers are only allowed within the community for 48hrs for loading and unloading purposes only. They must also be safe listed upon their arrival to the community.
- Commercial-type vehicles (e.g. stake body trucks, tank trucks, dump trucks, step vans, concrete trucks, limousines, and pick-up trucks exceeding 1 ton are not allowed within the community at any time.
Please find a copy of the Parking Permit Program application here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or via phone at (951) 514-2777.